Sunday, October 20, 2013

unforgettable: admitted to A&E 1

yes, it was an unforgetable events of my life; was admitted to emergency dept of Melaka General Hospital last friday evening.

3pm
I went to our uni panel clinic to get some medication for my quite severe pharyngitis. I could say, it was a chronic one since i already developed granules on my congested pharynx, greenish sputum with with blood streak. Must be because of the severe cough. oh, and flu also. no fever tho. So.. a night before was terrible, i cannot sleep since i kept coughing and due to nose blockage. I skip the posting and the evening class just to go to clinic. As usual, being lectured by the doc because of late seeking for medical attention.. bla3 and were prescribed 4 drugs to go with. Loratadine, bromhexine, cough syrup, an UNKNOWN antibiotic, and pharynx lozenges. I admit it was partly my fault for not asking the name of the Abx but i couldn't care less at that time. and in fact, i didn't actually notice they didn't mention the name. *Dah la kena mintak tlg orang hantarkan ke klinik, nak lama2 pulak. takut menyusahkan orang je.. huhu *

615pm
since i havent eat all day, i had nasi goreng that i bought at gazebo before i took the meds. As a 'ritual' everytime before took it i read the name. that was when i realised the Abx didnt hv a name and i thought i never take a white pills of Abx previously. but i did took it anyway, thinking i want to be better faster. I took it all around the same time. it didn't take long for an allergic reaction to set in.

around 2mins after that i started sneezing continuously. As a medical student i cant help myself from "self assessment". I was thinking, 'wow, i did sneeze around 10 per sneeze which defines allergic sneezing'. but it couldnt be right... coz i am not allergic to anything. not the meds for sure" and i smiled.

Seconds later i started to feel itchy on my back and on my hand. Gosh.. i felt so annoyed. i just change the bed cloth what could cause me felt so itching at that time?? must be mosquito biting me. its a dengue area anyway. so i took an ointment. squeeze it out and started to apply it on my itchy skin. in a few seconds it gets more intense. WTHH??! i almost shouted.

...continued

No comments:

Post a Comment